Special thanks to our District 5 City Council Member Joe Bushnell, previous District 5 City Council Member & current SNAPs Committee member Chris Beale, Greg Tanbara from the Pierce County Health Department, local Black Bear Frozen Yogurt owner Abdul Coleman, local Wayne + Flitch owner Brett Johnson, & Richard Gardner from the City’s Transportation Commission for joining us!
Well, it was another glorious Saturday morning in the South End for Walking Tour #6! From 72nd to 84th along Hosmer, we picked up about 6 bags of litter & discussed some great ideas for improvement. Here were some of the highlights… let us know your thoughts!
- Road over I-5 at 80th for improved traffic flow & I-5 Southbound access
- Traffic calming by road narrowing to two lanes with protected bike lanes & street parking for more walkable community vibes
- Planted medians
- Crosswalks to Pierce Transit stops on west side of street
- Pocket park or additional trees at NW corner of 84th
- Sound barrier along I-5
- Rename Hosmer to signify commitment to change
Want to join a future Walking Tour? Sign up below!