A Board member is the representative of the community, SENCo, and the public at large. Board members assist the community and SENCo in accomplishing its goals and its mission within its boundaries.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop the policies and programs that guide the organization.
- Ensure that adequate finances are found to support our programs.
- Participate regularly in all meetings of the Board.
- Review and vote on issues that are within our goals and plans to support the community and achieve our mission.
- Review and approve our strategic plan and goals of our Board.
- Serve actively on one or more committees and assist the Board in the accomplishment of its mission.
- Review annually the Board’s performance and take steps to improve its performance through education, outreach, and more.
- Assist the city in its efforts to support the community, and in building relationships that strengthen the objectives and mission of our community and SENCo.
- Assist in fund raising activities.
- Seek the support of others within our boundaries, and participate in responding to the community’s concerns.
- Act in the best interest of our community.
- Seek community input for decisions.
- Encourage the growth and development of other community groups
- Appropriately use City and Government agencies’ information and resources to help address issues.
- Support services that strengthen youth, family, and communications.
- Advise and support community on “crime and grime” issues.
- Assist in block watches, Safe Streets, and other organizations that prevent
- Work for improved quality of life within our community and city.
(Revised as of December 27, 2018)
There are no openings on the Board at this time. However, applications are accepted on a rolling basis and will be held for one year after receipt. Eligible applicants will be invited to speak in front of the Council at the same meeting as the next Special or General Election, whichever comes first. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
South End Neighborhood Council
Fire Station #8
4911 South Alaska
Tacoma, WA 98408