South End Neighborhood Council Board Description & Application
SENCo Board members serve the community by working together with the neighborhood to accomplish our goals within the South End boundaries.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Help develop policies and programs to guide the organization.
- Participate regularly in Board meetings.
- Review and vote on issues that work toward our goals and plans of support for the community.
- Serve actively on one or more committees.
- Work towards building relationships that strengthen our community and SENCo.
- Participate in community activities.
- Respond to community concerns & seek community input for decisions.
- Encourage the growth and development of other community groups.
- Appropriately use City and local government agency information & resources to help address community issues.
- Support services that strengthen youth, family, and community.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and will be held for one year after receipt. All eligible applicants will be considered. General Elections are held every year in November, and as needed in the event of a vacancy. Please submit your application to the Elections & Nominations Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or send through the mail to:
South End Neighborhood Council
Fire Station #8
4911 South Alaska
Tacoma, WA 98408
We thank you for taking an active role in your community by considering applying for the SENCo board. We look forward to hearing from you!
Updated February 2022