South End Neighborhood Council Board Job Description & Application
A Board member is the representative of the community, SENCo, and the public at large. Board members assist the community and SENCo in accomplishing its goals and its mission within the SENCo boundaries.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop the policies and programs that guide the organization.
- Participate regularly in Board meetings.
- Review and vote on issues that are within our goals and plans to support the community and achieve our mission.
- Review and approve our strategic plan and goals of our Board.
- Serve actively on one or more committees and assist the Board in the accomplishment of its mission.
- Review annually the Board’s performance and take steps to improve its performance through education, outreach, and other great ideas you initiate.
- Assist the city in its efforts to support the community, and in building relationships that strengthen the objectives and mission of our community and SENCo.
- Assist in fundraising and community representation activities.
- Seek the support of others within our boundaries, and participate in responding to the community’s concerns.
- Act in the best interest of our community.
- Seek community input for decisions.
- Encourage the growth and development of other community groups.
- Appropriately use City and Government Agencies’ information and resources to help address issues.
- Support services that strengthen youth, family, and community.
- Advise and support community on pertinent issues.
- Work for the quality of life within our community and city.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and will be held for one year after receipt. All eligible applicants will be considered. General Elections are held every year in November, and as needed for Special Elections in the event of a vacancy. Please submit your application to the Elections & Nominations Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or send through the mail to:
South End Neighborhood Council
Fire Station #8
4911 South Alaska
Tacoma, WA 98408
Thank you for taking an active role in your community in applying for the SENCo board! We look forward to reviewing your application.
Revised as of August 6, 2019