Love Transportation? Always wanted to help make decisions about the transportation in Tacoma? Now is your chance! Check it out & apply below.
About The Bicycle Pedestrian Technical Advisory Group (BPTAG)
Link to the City’s BPTAG website here.
- The (BPTAG) is Currently Seeking Three New Members
- – Apply by 11:59pm on Friday, August 13th –
- South Enders (Council District 4 & 5) are especially encouraged to apply!
BPTAG focuses on making it safer and easier to use active transportation in Tacoma, which includes walking, using an assistive mobility device, bicycling, skating, and riding a skateboard or scooter.
Representatives from City Council Districts 3, 4, and 5, Black and Indigenous community members, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities, seniors, immigrants, and refugees are especially encouraged to apply.
BPTAG Board Member Duties and Responsibilities
BPTAG advises the Transportation Commission on active transportation-related matters, and focuses on making it safer and easier to use active transportation in Tacoma, including walking, using an assistive mobility device, bicycling, skating, and riding a skateboard or scooter.
Members of the BPTAG play an essential role in:
- Prioritizing new bicycle and pedestrian projects throughout Tacoma.
- Providing feedback on the design of active transportation projects.
- Developing new policies to improve active transportation safety and access. Giving input on active transportation programs and events.
- Bringing community concerns to the attention of City staff and leaders.
To apply, fill out the application form at this link.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM on Friday, August 13, 2021.
Contact the Active Transportation Coordinator, Liz Kaster at email@example.com or (253) 591-5380, if there are any questions about the application process, this information is needed in an alternate format, or accommodation is needed in the application process.